Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Singer Chinmayi bags Award for Best dubbing artists for "Ye Maya Chesave"

Her bagging the prestigious Nandi award has put Chinamyi on cloud nine. On Friday, the Andhra Pradesh government announced that the popular singer has been adjudged as the best dubbing artiste for 'Ye Maya Chesave', the Telugu version of 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya'.

Recalling as to how she became a dubbing artiste, Chinmayi writes on her blog, "This journey, too started from Rahman sir's studio when the studio engineer Karthik called me to test for Sillunu Oru Kadhal. I, in my opinion, had a very un-girly, un-sing-song voice".

"I was just the normal voice. Somehow director Krishna decided this is the voice he wants for Bhumika Chawla and I am now 22 films old for dubbing in about five years. This was never something I planned", she says.
On giving voice for Trisha in 'VTV' and for Samantha in 'YMC', she says, "Vinnaithandi Varuvaya and Ye Maya Chesave are definitely one of the best films in my dubbing career. I love working with Gautham sir. Learned a lot of things from him. Especially subtlety in dubbing".

"Before Vaaranam Ayiram I was just plain scared of Gautham Menon. Had never been introduced to him before this film and I was always intimidated and iced out by him. But I am super thankful that he chose me to be the voice of Sameera Reddy despite everything. And then the voice of Jessi".

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment